The Greater Minden Chamber of Commerce is looking for a new administrative person. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to work in a small, but impactful chamber of commerce office in Minden, LA.
This position is primarily administrative in nature but will also include significant elements of work in public relations, information and member services areas. This role has the primary responsibility for daily office operations, such as answering phones and directing walk-ins, but is also responsible for the bookkeeping in Quickbooks. Along with the Chamber President, its board of directors, and volunteers, this position plays in important role in membership recruitment and retention. Additionally,
- Perform all bookkeeping to include Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, acccount reconciliation, and other bookkeeping tasks.
- Open and close the Chamber building for each working day
- Administers the workflow within the Chamber operations, to include daily administrative regimens, meeting notices, schedules for activities and special events.
- Receive persons visiting office, sharing knowledge of community demographics/statistics, profile information, history, calendar of events, membership information, etc., as required.
- Handle all phone calls. Deliver messages to other staff as soon as possible.
- Handle correspondence prepared or referred from staff.
- Ensure adequate level of brochures and other information and promitional materials are maintained in the lobby area of the Chamber building.
- Prepare mailings.
- Maintain membership database and files.
- Provide membership and financial reports to the President and Board of Directors.
- Assist with the implementation of Chamber programs and member services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minden, LA 71055: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
Interested candidates may Apply through Indeed.Apply